How to remove stains from rugs?
Whether human or animal we all make mistakes and if not all most of them lead to a mess being created but the faster we deal with it the easier it is to clean up. The same goes for rugs and some ways to help with it are follows:
First, if there is any physical debris remove it with a light hand via a fork or spoon, gently put white or unprinted paper or clothes to remove the excess fluid, dab it gently so the mess doesn’t spread further away. Then apply the stain remover for the recommended time and clean with cold water. Repeat step until the stain is gone.
- Cleaning water-soluble stains: working on these in the starting minutes always is the easiest and surer way of stain removal. If not, then it will take multiple attempts to do so. You can also utilize a mixture of detergent or vinegar with water
- Coffee, hard candy, chocolate, berries, juice, wine, soda, milk stains: if the upper method doesn’t work try adding ammonia to the mix for natural fiber carpets, dab with a dry white cloth but be wary not to use it on woolen rugs.
- Ketchup, Gatorade, Kool-Aid, and tomato sauce stains: spray the detergent mix on the stain and put a white cloth then apply ammonia solution dab with the soft cloth and rinse.
- Butter, oil, grease, and cosmetics: put the detergent mix on the stain and dab with a cotton cloth a few times then wash it off with lukewarm water. Wait for the carpet to completely dry. If the stain lightens, continue the process until it’s all clean.
- Sand, dirt, mud stains: vacuum or dust away from the excess dust, put your detergent mix on it, and leave on for a while as you blot it with a cloth to remove excess liquids, dab it with a cloth doused in lukewarm water again and again till it’s done.
- Gum and wax stains: put some ice in a plastic bag and rub on the spot you wish to clean as the stain hardens from the cold break it off and vacuum any remaining pieces. Apply a little solvent on the affected area and clean with a white cloth wet in lukewarm water.
- Gravy, mayonnaise stains: on synthetic material use the detergent mix, apply it for a while then dab with white clothing for a while then rinse with lukewarm water. For natural rugs after the detergent apply a mix of vinegar and ammonia or separately make sure the carpet doesn’t damage. Apply the detergent again and remove excess liquid with a neutral-colored cloth. Rinse with lukewarm water, wait for it to dry, and repeat the process if needed.
- Ink, marker stains, and pet accidents: blot the stain with solvent, apply the detergent and dab it over for a few minutes, remove excess water with a white cloth and rinse with lukewarm water. For the pets also utilize the vinegar solution for easy stain removal.